One of the goals of PA for Transit is to recruit community transportation leaders, especially from constituencies that have historically been excluded from transportation planning. The Federal Highway Administration has produced The Every Place Counts Leadership Academy toolkit, a promising tool for educating community leaders on the transportation decision-making process.
We want to test how well The Every Place Counts Leadership Academy works here. We are looking for volunteers to participate and for a community group who would be interested in hosting. Ideally, we would have 10-20 participants in our first workshop in December or January. Please contact Alex Doty (firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.745.7101) if you are interested.
The Every Place Counts: Leadership Academy
The Every Place Counts: Leadership Academy was created to provide key background information and tools for emerging transportation leaders and other stakeholders who have limited experience with the transportation decision-making process.
LEARN * ENGAGE * MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Do you have a transportation idea, problem or challenge? Do you want to participate in the process of making decisions about transportation plans and projects? Do you currently have little to no experience with these types of decisions? Then the Toolkit is for you!
- Get involved in a meaningful way in the process of making transportation decisions in your community, region and state
- Take a proactive approach to improving transportation in your community
- Get involved early and often
- Learn who to contact and when
- Understand how transportation is planned, funded, designed, built and maintained
- Find answers to common transportation questions